Friday, April 23, 2010

Habits, Lifestyle, Changes

Great blog today on Illuminated Mind. I am constantly trying to outwit my habits in order to grow and change as a person. Being stagnate in work, dance, emotional well-being, and relationships drives me absolutely nuts. Now, don't get me wrong, the feeling of contentment is not be confused with stagnant. If I am never satisfied then I am simply wasting my time and not enjoying where I am or what I am doing. But, to settle is not an option.
Like cleaning out a closet, I enjoy the reflection and questioning of habits and beliefs that make up my person. Some I keep, some I ponder on, and some I make the decision to change (or throw out).

"Nothing is set in stone. Everything is open." One of my friends posted that as her status. Deep. Obvious. Very true. That is what I love about life. I could be at this school for another 5 or 20 years. I might take a job in Nebraska, or Philly, or Chicago, or Seattle next year. Who knows? I have options and I love that. In fact, a lack of options or freedom makes me nervous.

Anyway, I will stop rambling. The views in the blog are not ones in which I fully agree, but are definitely worth noting and digesting.

Seven Weird Habits that Will Change Your Life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this part of No. 4: "You’ll also have to have the courage to stop doing a lot of things that don’t create the feeling you want."

I think it's hard for some of us to stop doing certain activities simply because, well, we've been doing them for so long...that's not to say that you should always quit something because it's difficult or is causing you discomfort. Some of those hurdles are necessary in life.

But I've become a much more peaceful person since I've started cutting out the things that don't encourage, inspire, rest or rejuvenate my soul. Sometimes I say no, and it leaves me the time, energy and brain power I need for things that will leave me more satisfied. =D