Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Automnal Equinox & 108

Why, hello there, Fall. It is so great to see you, finally. You and your weather that mellows and calms. Temperatures that call for scarves, hot tea, and a cozy blanket. I welcome you alongside many others in an ancient tradition of sun salutations. Three sets of 6 -- plank, lunar, warrior 1. 


The first round of 18 was delightful. A warm up.
The second round of 18 poured sweat out of pores I didn't know existed.
The third round of 18 was a release. The focus and intensity of martial arts that I haven't felt in years. The familiar measured and careful movement of dance. The emotion of contentment. Only breath and movement.

I didn't make it 108 tonight, so 54 will have to do. We just didn't have enough time...maybe in March I will be up to the challenge.

Why 108 Sun Salutations?
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/02/why-108-sun-salutations/

No comments: